Have you ever paused to think of just how many strains of Kratom could be out there in the market as we speak? We are sure you must have had some encounters with quite a few. The last time we checked, it seems there are over a hundred strains with a track record of keeping the customer happy and highly satisfied.
Contrary to what you may have heard or believed in, there are just a few potent kratom (not up to a hundred) options available for you to try out. As a matter of proven fact, there are only three most important and potent strains of kratom you should know about. These strains include; the Red vein, Green vein, and white vein listed in no particular order.
Just before you move out and start searching for the strains mentioned above, it is pertinent to note that most producers may likely change their names probably according to the farmer they get their supplies from. The naming is strictly based on the supplier’s decision. There are cases where some suppliers may try mixing two strains and decide to give it a completely different name. There are instances where the strains are categorized based on their regions, and these region names may not mean anything serious. To gain an indebt understanding of Kratom powder, we believe it is crucial that we discuss the three primary strains.
How do they obtain the vein color?
- How comes each of these strains are named according to colors? Perhaps let’s settle that first before moving to discuss the various strains available in the market.
- Several myths are surrounding the use of colors to name kratom powder strains.
- While red vein is known to come from a specific region of the world, green is harvested wild while white has a characteristic of producing lots of water during its lifecycle.
- Although these explanations may sound convincing enough, there are still traces of information breach in them.
- During one of our interviews with Jonny Clark (Kratom connoisseur), we discovered that there are quite a lot of facts surrounding changing the vein color of Kratom.
- Johnny, while giving an example with the Green Borneo, told us that the green Borneo was originally an actual red vein leaf but dried especially to possess the green characteristics.
- In most of the cases, the green strains are dried in an air-conditioned room with little or no light from lamps. After this, the leaves are taken outside to dry for an hour or more.
In another interview session with Clark, he told us that about 75%-85% of the green strains were initially red veins before being dried to possess the outcome we now see. Most often, the original color of the veins does not determine the final product. It all depends on how the farmer dries the veins. Always remember that the nature of drying (indoors or outdoors) tend to determine the outcome of the veins.
The other variables that determine the final color of the veins include; duration of exposure to UV light, lamp light, how much sunlight it has received and the type and level of fermentation it undergoes. Always remember to pay more attention to the drying process since this is what determines the outcome. For instance, red veins are made by fermentation or drying them under sun or UV light while white veins are made by drying them indoors with no light.
The other essential factors which determine the outcome of the veins are; seasons (rainy, hot or dry), soil content, and location of the leaves. The rainy season is known to produce brighter/pale Kratom which may exhibit little potency.
In the farming season, farmers can only harvest the green, red, white or Bentuangie (fermented red vein) and Johnny told us of cases where people have developed yellow veins which are blends of the others.
As far as kratom colors are concerned, yellow is the most attractive vein colors to arrive at (no offense to your favorite vein color). It is also the most controversial/guessed veins when it comes to processes.
Now that you are familiar with the different factors responsible for the vein colors, let us take a look at the common strains of Kratom powder.
Red Strain Kratom Powder
Grown mostly in Southeast Asia, red strain Kratom powder is one of the most popular and best-selling strains of Kratom I have come across. It takes precedence over other strains of kratom powder. Its tenacity to grow in just about any environment is what makes it stand out among the others. Most scientists are still surprised at how it can grow in all habitats known to man. At the time of writing this article, it has been found to grow in dry arid environments and knee-deep waters. It is often referred to as the hulk o Kratom plants.
Green Strain Kratom Powder
This is known to produce a more balanced effect in alkaloid content and potency. Often regarded as the “middle of the road” green strain exists between the red and the white strain. Although it doesn’t pass as the first choice of most Kratom users, the green vein is the second most popular kratom powder available in the market. It has a unique, sophisticated flavor than the red.
Hybrids of Green Strain Mixtures
- Mixing the green strains is one of the best processes you can ever undertake. With this, you will obtain a full effect of each leaf (red and white) you have mixed. Bear in mind that each strain has its unique alkaloid constituents and can work in a consortium to elicit more potent results.
White Strain Kratom Powder
This occurs at the end of the spectrum from the red vein leaves. It is not for the faint-hearted and usually for a more niche-specific group which loves and know and are ready to tap into the properties of this leaf. This strain is commonly known to be mixed with red or green strains among most Kratom users, and it is also known to enjoy a high level of popularity itself.
For novices, it is highly recommended that you start with white Kratom veins and try making your hybrid mixtures with reds and green first.
We are not disputing the fact that there are several other types of Kratom powder in circulation; these powders are usually derived from the three main strains discussed in this article. The fancy names in the market are just marketing strategies and branding. Regardless of which strains you have, the bottom line is this; you can make your hybrid by combining them.